Skip to main content

Kaki King Live at Higher Ground on 2008-04-04

Set 1: Intro, Bone Chaos in the Castle, Life Being What It Is, Pull Me Out Alive, Sad American, Saving Days in a Frozen Head, So Much For So Little, Soft Shoulder, Yellowcake, Magazine, Goby, Night After Sidewalk/Montreal, Jessica, 2 O'Clock, You Don't Have to Be Afraid

Encore: Gay Sons of Lesbian Mothers, Doing the Wrong Thing, Fashion Tattoo (Bubonix Cover)

Collection KakiKing
Band/Artist Kaki King
Venue Higher Ground
Location South Burlington, VT

Source Rode NT4 Stereo Microphone > Zoom H4 Recorder
Lineage Rode NT4 Stereo Microphone -> Monster XLR Cables -> Zoom H4 Recorder @ 16/44.1 -> SD Card -> Amadeus Pro -> WAV to FLAC Converter
Taped by Jonah S.
Transferred by Jonah S.

Reviews

Reviewer: SFKer91 - - March 21, 2009
Subject: thanks a million
alright, I just wanted to say thank you for capturing this show... great quality as well, could've been even more awesome with less bass... but a very good quality anyhow.
I will capture Kaki King live in Paris... on April 1st... will make sure to post it on the archive!
Reviewer: Jonah S. - - May 27, 2008
Subject: MP3s
> There's sector boundary errors on all tracks
> on this show. You should run it through
> shntool first before you upload it:
> http://shnutils.freeshell.org/shntool

No one else appears to have issues listening to the show, but I will look into doing this. This issue warrants a 2 star rating? Thanks so much for that... I'll surely fix this for you immediately. :-P

------------------------

Sorry for the trouble downloading the show everyone! I've uploaded the required setlist.txt file and the system has finally derived MP3s of it. You shouldn't have any problems downloading this show going forward.

Edit: Thanks for the set list rhinowing! It's much appreciated.

Edit 2: Thanks for the correction on the last song name turnstile!

I'm so glad I was able to record this show! Why aren't more people recording Kaki's gigs?? :-)

Cheers,

Jonah
Reviewer: markdomyancich - - May 27, 2008
Subject: Sector boundary errors
There's sector boundary errors on all tracks on this show. You should run it through shntool first before you upload it: http://shnutils.freeshell.org/shntool
Reviewer: Sorcerer - - April 24, 2008
Subject: Thumbs up
Your recording sounds so good. This sounds close to a soundboard recording which is awesome.
Reviewer: irie_cyclist - - April 22, 2008
Subject: thank you!
Thanks for the new live recording! Its so good to hear some of the new songs live. I really needed some new kaki in my library.
Reviewer: turnstile - - April 19, 2008
Subject: encore
the last song is called "fashion tattoo" by the bubonix i think

thank you for uploading! :)
Reviewer: Tyler - - April 17, 2008
Subject: Show is now fixed / okay
derive.php task was re-run after the setlist was uploaded and the show is now good to go with no problems!
Reviewer: cromag - - April 17, 2008
Subject: Worth the effort
I had a lot of trouble downloading this using FlashGet and Firefox -- several songs "locked up" at 99%. I wound up restarting each manually and (eventually) got them all.

The sound is very good, and I'm a big fan. This concert was worth the effort.
Reviewer: josephlloydzacker - - April 16, 2008
Subject: Is This Show Working For Anyone Else?
Attempts to download result in a 2 second "Done" message and an empty file. What gives?
Reviewer: tracey pooh - - April 16, 2008
Subject: needs a setlist.txt
jonah,
your item needs a file describing the setlist that ends with .txt
so it can derive mp3s.
that is definitely the problem (you should be getting an email with similar information every time the derive fails, too)
--tracey, webmaster
Reviewer: Luc Martin - - April 15, 2008
Subject: Would like to hear
I'd love to hear this, as I'm sure it's amazing.
But I can't seem to get it to download, could I get a copy of this please.
Sorry for posting this here.
Reviewer: rhinowing - - April 6, 2008
Subject: nice sounding show!
setlist:
01. Intro
02. Bone Chaos in the Castle
03. Life Being What It Is
04. Pull Me Out Alive
05. Sad American
06. Saving Days in a Frozen Head
07. So Much For So Little
08. Soft Shoulder
09. Yellowcake
10. Magazine
11. Goby
12. Night After Sidewalk/Montreal
13. Jessica
14. 2 O'Clock
15. You Don't Have to Be Afraid
Encore:
16. Gay Sons of Lesbian Mothers
17. Doing the Wrong Thing
18. ? cover [Bubonics]
Reviewer: tragnast - - April 6, 2008
Subject: wheres the mp3s?
glad theres a new show tho
DOWNLOAD OPTIONS
In Collection
Kaki King
In Collection
Live Music Archive
Uploaded by
Jonah S.
on 4/5/2008
8,499
Favorites
PEOPLE ALSO FOUND
Kaki King
by Kaki King
8,453
( 13 reviews )
Source: Rode NT4 Stereo Microphone > Zoom H4 Recorder
Honky Tonk Tuesday
by Jonah S.
Source: Source 1: Rode NT4 Stereo Mic -> Fostex MR-8 HD Recorder - Source 2: Soundboard -> Fostex MR-8 HD Recorder - Source 3: Microphone (Brand unknown) from behind Piano -> Fostex MR-8 HD Recorder - All sources mixed to stereo using Amadeus Pro -> FLAC Converter
Greensky Bluegrass
by Greensky Bluegrass
( 1 reviews )
Source: Rode NT4 Stereo Microphone -> Zoom H4 Recorder @ VBR MP3 (Sorry for lack of WAV)
[...]